Raising Children to the standards of excellence. In line with our vision, our commitment to the learns is to show them love.
1. Listening ears
We will listen to what the child wants to do and how he/she really feels about things.
2. Open Arms
We will show love to the child, to foster oneness from teacher to child and from the child towards others.
We tailor- make learning using state-of-the art materials and our own unique curriculum to suit the child’s educational and social needs.
4. Encouraging words
As a Christian Learning Centre, we will affirm the child through positive reinforcement.
As Principal I wish you a very warm welcome to Our School! We are at the heart of Nigeria’s capital city of Abuja. We have succeeded in providing families with an excellent education curricula delivered by exceptional teachers in our award winning facilities.
Judged as a top school in Abuja FCT, our achievements can be seen through rapid improvements in education. We are also making key strides towards creating a school which makes a significant difference to the community we serve and that provides opportunities for all our pupils and students.
- To reach each student enrolled for Christ.
- To equip each student to be a soul winner.
- To raise the standard of excellence in contemporary Christian education.
- To chart new educational heights in Nigeria and beyond.
- To provide cutting edge leadership and spiritually impact the immediate community and the FCT at large.
- To be the industry reference and leader in the provision of quality Christ-based teaching materials and learning aids.
Great Blessings® School is nursery, primary and secondary academic institution located in Gwarinpa, Abuja, Nigeria. We provide customized quality education using state –of-the-art concepts and materials based on a Christ-centered curriculum to promote solid Christian growth and character development.
The purpose of Great Blessings School is to provide an excellent Christian education in a nurturing living and learning environment where children are discipled and equipped to fulfill God’s purpose for them life.
Great Blessings prepares Nigerian children and foreign nationals (from daycare to SS3) to be fully conversant with the Nigerian cultural and educational environment, while equipping them the compete at international standards, ensuring they remain up to date and on the cutting edge of contemporary Christian education.
Contemporary Christian Education is based on the Biblical standpoint of man in creation and accordingly each child is developed holistically with attention to the body, soul and spirit.
Parents therefore have a responsibility with the School to guide and encourage their children in developing their potential to its fullest extent. The BIBLE is the standard and guide being used to establish this development.
The progress of each student is evaluated at regular intervals throughout the year and a report is made to the parents. It is anticipated that by the end of each school year a student will have attained an acceptable level of achievement and will be promoted to the next grade for the following year.
However, the School Management reserves the right to retain a student in the same grade if a reasonable level of achievement is not attained by the end of the School year.
Great Blessings is:
a Home that welcomes,
a School that prepares for life,
a Place where Christian values shape character, and
a Family where lasting friendships are formed.
Through academic and non-academic programs, we purpose to:
~ Promote a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, foster an appreciation for the Word of God, and inspire each student to deepen their walk with God.
~ Promote the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to fully participate in human affairs while encouraging the desire to work toward affecting change and solving problems, consequently helping to create a better future for us all.
~ Cultivate critical thinking and problem-solving skills while encouraging creativity and vision in all aspects of life.
~ Encourage an appreciation for God’s creation and promote a balanced stewardship of the resources entrusted to man.
~ Develop an awareness and knowledge of interpersonal relationships by learning communication skills, conflict resolution, social responsibility and respect for authority.
~ Provide positive, creative and safe ways of having fun.
- WE BELIEVE that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, and our all-sufficient rule for faith and practice. The Bible is God’s written revelation of His will to men; it reveals the only way to salvation.
- WE BELIEVE in the one Eternal God who has revealed Himself as God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- WE BELIEVE in the deity of Jesus Christ, God’s Son, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of God the Father, and His eminent personal return to earth in power and glory.
- WE BELIEVE in personal salvation through Jesus Christ.
- WE BELIEVE in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Romans 8:13-14 and 12:6-8; I Corinthians 3:16; I Corinthians 6:19-20 and 12:7-11; Ephesians 4:30; Ephesians 5:18)
- WE BELIEVE in the resurrection of the just and the fellowship of the saints in the love of God.
- The School seeks to instills in each learner, a desire to serve God and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Our students should graduate as committed Christians grounded in the scriptures. We encourage our students to exhibit positive attitudes in their lives and to base all of their important decisions on God’s Word.In addition to a full educational curriculum, Great Blessings conducts regular chapels and ensures weekly church service attendance for boarding students and encourages private devotions.At Great Blessings, we seek to equip our students with a basic knowledge of the Bible and the ability to find principles for life in God’s Word. It is our conviction that a person, who knows the scriptures and can apply them to his or her situation, is well on his or her way to spiritual maturity.
The Scriptures clearly teach what it means to be a Christian – a disciple or follower of Christ. It is not simply a creed to believe or a code of conduct to follow, but it is a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ; a relationship which affects every value judgment made and every aspect of life, including relationships, moral choices, character, attitude, etc.
It is our strong desire that every student at GB grows in their knowledge and love for God, and also grows in their personal relationship with God’s only begotten Son, Jesus Christ!
Students in the Elementary and Secondary Schools are encouraged to set aside time each day for personal devotions.
Each day there will be a morning chapel (Assembly). Weekly Bible studies will also be held. For the High School, these chapels may feature guest speakers, musicians, videos of Christian leaders and speakers from our own Parents Teachers’ Fellowship. Attendance is mandatory.
Sunday is a day for rest and spiritual refreshment. All boarding students are required to attend service at the Living Faith Church, Gwarinpa and dorm devotions.
Day students and their families are also welcome to attend the Bible study on Sunday evenings.